Attend the Cook County Women’s Commission Event, “Incarcerated Females: Breaking the Cycle,” October 18, 2012
Join the Commission on Women’s Issues as we explore the frustrating and often dangerous cycle that women and girls find themselves in when they encounter our criminal justice system. In order to break the cycle, we must first understand the cycle.
How It Begins:
- What circumstances lead women/girls to engage in the behavior for which they are either detained or incarcerated?
- How does the criminal justice system address cases involving women/girls?
- How are women/girls treated while they are detained or incarcerated within our justice system?
How It Ends:
- What challenges do women/girls face upon release?
- How do we identify and provide to women/girls within the criminal justice system the appropriate support services and programs that will BREAK THE CYCLE?
Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
George W. Dunne Administration Building,
69 West Washington, 17th Floor Conference Room, Chicago, IL 60602
Please RSVP at CookCounty.WomenIssues@cookcountyil.gov or contact April S. Williams-Luster 312/603-4288