The 2012 second installment property tax bill payments are due on Thursday, August 1, 2013. Property owners who did not file a property tax assessment appeal with the Board of Review for the 2012 property tax cycle, are encouraged to attend a property tax assessment appeal forum in Proviso Township on Tuesday, July 9, at the Broadview Missionary Baptist Church, located at 2100 South 25th Avenue in Broadview, Illinois. The forum will begin at 6:30 pm and be hosted by Commissioner Rogers, along with honorable guests State Senator Don Harmon, State Representative Emanuel “Chris” Welch, and Proviso Township Assessor Steven Zawaski. The Offices of the Cook County Recorder of Deeds and the Clerk of the Circuit Court will also be on hand to provide additional relevant information.
The forum will provide property owners with the opportunity to address their concerns regarding the 2013 property tax cycle. Commissioner Rogers and his staff will answer questions regarding the appeal process and actually help attendees file appeals with the Board of Review. Interested property owners should bring their property tax bill and other evidence that provides proof of their property’s true value, such as a current appraisal.
- July 10 at 6:30 pm – Mercy Hospital – 2525 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616
- July 11 at 6:30 pm – Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine – 303 East Superior St, Chicago, IL 60611
- July 16 at 6:30 pm – Sandridge Elementary School – 2950 Glenwood Dyer Road, Lynwood, IL 60411
- July 17 at 6:30 pm – South Suburban College (Kindig Performing Arts Center) – 15800 State St, South Holland, IL 60473
- July 18 at 6:30 pm – Monument of Faith Evangelical Church – 2750 West Columbus Avenue, Chicago, IL 60652
- July 23 at 6:30 pm – Percy Julian Middle School – 416 South Ridgeland Avenue, Oak Park, IL 60302
- July 24 at 6:30 pm – Victory Apostolic Church – 20801 Matteson Avenue, Matteson, IL 60443
- July 25 at 6:30 pm – Full Gospel Christian Assemblies International – 3451 175th Street, Hazel Crest, IL 60429
- July 30 at 6:30 pm – The Dorchester Center– 1515 East 154th Street, Dolton, IL 60419
- July 31 at 6:30 pm – Malcolm X College – 1900 West Van Buren Street, Chicago, IL 60612
The Board of Review does not assess property, set tax rates, or collect taxes. There is no fee to file an appeal with the BOR, and in most cases an attorney is not necessary. Board of Review complaint forms can be obtained at the Office of Commissioner Larry Rogers, Jr. in the Cook County Building, located at 118 North Clark Street, Room 601, Chicago, IL 60602. Forms may also be filed on the Board of Review website at www.cookcountyboardofreview.com. For further information about appealing your property taxes, contact Commissioner Rogers’ office at (312) 603-5540. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.